I’m starting writing this from the Philly Airport, I will
probably finish somewhere over the Atlantic.
Recently my cousin Amy posted an article that was very
fitting especially considering my approaching adventure. The article, Why You
Should Travel Young by Jeff Goins, has several quotes that resonated with me
and inspired me as my nerves started taking over this past week. He traveled
young and frequently despite financial difficulties and life constraints. Here are
a few quotes from that article I will try and remember when times get tough,
tiring, or just too much.
“Most people I know who waited to travel never did.”
“Life is a result of intentional habits. So I decided to do
the things that were most important to me first, not last.”
“’Yeah but’… This phrase is lethal. It makes it sound like
we have the best of intentions, when really we are just too scared to do what
we should. It allows us to be cowards while sounding noble.“
My nerves, anxiety, whatever you want to call it, certainly
has played it’s part and have tried to hold me back but I will do my best not
to be afraid of the unknown. Well even if they have it’s a little late now!
I will try and write often and I would love comments and
encouragement along the way! Several of you have been to the places I’m going,
a few went to high school in Italy, several others have been stationed in
Europe, and event more have studied abroad, please share your wisdom with me!
If you see a place I’m going and I JUST HAVE to stop or see something let me
know!
Next stop Madrid!
**If your dreams don’t scare you, your dreams aren’t big
enough**
Post lots of pics of you and Franklin!! We miss you here in Phoenix!!
ReplyDelete- E and K