Map

Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9th

We are in Barcelona! First here is the amazing bike lane in Valencia....

Amy and I have decided we are completely spoiled now... Our hostel in Valencia was wonderful, great atmosphere, awesome people, fantastic kitchen! We're not as impressed with the one in Barcelona, we've thought it might make sense to spend a bit more for a much better hostel, I'll definitely keep it in mind when booking from now on. Also, I definitely have to make sure they have a kitchen, I can't eat out every meal and shopping at the market and cooking is essential. Some hostels "come with breakfast" which means toast and butter so it's great to be able to cook eggs along with it. 
We took the train from Valencia to Barcelona this morning. Our hostel is in the Las Ramblas area of Barcelona which is packed with people and mostly tourists. It seems all of Barcelona is packed with people.

After we made our way to the Picasso Museum which, you guessed it was packed but very interesting. It has 4,249 works and was designed by the man himself. Most of the artwork is from his early years which I found fascinating. The man can actually paint! I'll admit I don't really get the Picasso appeal but it was great to see where he started and the beautiful works of art he made in his early years and then to watch the subtle progression into crazy town. After Amy and I got to the end we went back to look at the early stuff (and the crowds were gone by then). 
The courtyard at the Picasso Museum
Tomorrow we plan to get up super early to try and beat the crowds and hopefully see a lot stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment