Map

Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24th - England!


**I've posted twice today so if you'd like to see my last Spain post scroll down**

I’m in England! I flew Ryan Air here and that’s a trip. It’s a super cheap airline that charges you for everything. Also they really pack the seats in and there are ads on the back of every seat and on the overhead compartments! Whatever, it’s cheap. At first I didn’t ask anyone for directions until the thought hit me… I speak the same language! I made it to the train and found my hostel. The reception for my hostel is in a very noisy bar and since I got there pretty late it was already full of drunk people. I’m still a bit on Spain time so I wasn’t ready for dinner until 9:30pm but didn’t have a problem finding something open. I very much got used to the Spanish style of eating and rather enjoy tapas but I was craving a legit meal like I’m used to! I found a great restaurant and just wanted a good piece of fish. I spent a bit more then I wanted to but had sea bass with a chive cream sauce, yum! Also had a really great glass of New Zealand wine and went to bed. This morning I got up early because a bunch of people in my room were stirring but that’s ok because I got to the free breakfast in time! I was so excited to see whole wheat bread! I didn’t realize how much I missed it till it was right in front of me! I spent the rest of the day doing some shopping that I needed to do. I didn’t bring the right converter with me but there was a Pound Store (same as a Dollar Store) right next door and they had what I needed. I also went to the mall to find a coat, it’s a lot colder here then I expected and stopped for a leisurely lunch and also passed all three of my favorite British designers! I have to wait to do any shopping there until Allison gets here or she’ll refuse to bring home my purchases for me J Tonight I’m meeting up with a friend I met in Valencia for dinner! I’m excited to get out of the area I’m in, haven’t done any exploring yet because I needed a bit of a relaxing day after the last three weeks but I’m ready to get going now! To be honest I felt very out of place at first since I got used to Spain but I'm sure I'll be used to it here before no time. I'm also REALLY excited for Allison to get here! She's a great friend from college and I can't think of anyone better to explore the UK with, so hurry up Allison we got a lot of things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment