Map

Friday, May 31, 2013

May 26th & 27th - Nottingham



On the 26th I met Allison at the airport, we located our car, and headed out to Nottingham. The GPS cost more then the car so we decided to do without and buy our own on the way. For awhile I had no idea where we were and seemed we were driving in circles but we got a map and Allison figured it all out and got us to the B&B! We are pretty sure I got a ticket on the way out of London unfortunately; we didn’t know where we were and found ourselves driving through a bus only lane. Luckily someone jumped up and down and stopped us before we drove back through. Other then that hiccup Allison did a great job navigating (it's gone downhill since then but she did great the first day). Driving on the opposite side of the road and with a stick shift wasn't bad at all either. For those that are wondering, the gear shift is the same so the first gear is furthest away from you on the other side of the road. I thought they would switch that too but they don't.

Our B&B in Nottingham was lovely! At night we headed to a local pub for dinner and went to bed. The next day we drove into Nottingham for a bit of shopping! Allison is a terrible influence on me but we had a great time. From Nottingham we drove up to Edinburgh. It was a 6 hour drive which by American standards isn't crazy but every Brit we met thought we were nuts. They have speed limit camera signs everywhere but they never post the speed limit! They will tell you to slow down but it never shows what speed it wants you to slow down to. Allison was so tired she was a bit out of her mind which made the drive much more enjoyable for me. We finally made it at midnight but and due to the construction we had a hell of a time finding our hotel and then parking! Also, the guy at the hotel was awful! We’ll both be writing really terrible Trip Advisor reviews on that place. More on our time in Edinburgh soon!





At Jerico Farms in Nottingham




The B&B was on a beautiful farm












These fields are everywhere, we love them!

2 comments:

  1. CSue says you look right at home pouring tea. Good thing you had all those hours of training...

    I hope your have some British QUAINT built into this trip too! Nottingham looks like the US Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, I've been drinking A LOT of tea here. I haven't done a traditional tea yet but we will!

      Delete