Today started with a walk to the train station (a very lovely building but unfortunately had a lot of construction around it) and bought our train tickets for the rest of the trip as well as my first leg without Amy... it'll be interesting to figure this country out without her Spanish. We then continued to walk through the city and had a wonderful time in the beautiful Botanic Gardens. We had a delicious lunch and I learned about the menu del dia, menu of the day, it's a set menu for a cheaper price. Generally it's two to three choices of three courses. We had cous cous salad, very moist salmon, and vanilla pudding. We continued to walk through the city and at about 4pm it was time for a siesta! Everything was closed for a siesta at that time anyway. I LOVE siestas! What a great idea! After the siesta we went for dinner, again we had the menu del dia, this time I had zucchini soup (very good soup, light, flavorful, with garlic croutons) and steak with fries. They have a lot of fries in this country. That dinner went until midnight! We walked around, explored the city at night and went to a Jazz bar for a little. All in all a great day! Here are a few pictures from today....

240 Year Old Tree at the Botanic Garden
A small art gallery at the Gardens
Lunch! So much food! This was only one course.
Municipal Building in Spain
It's now 3am and time for bed... Buenos Noche!
Emy -awesome pics!! Your lunch looked so yummy :) About the fries, yeah I noticed that too when I was in Spain.
ReplyDelete