In Warwick we went to Warwick Castle because I promised my
wonderful mother I would and well I’m not listening to her anymore. Sorry mom!
It was basically England’s version of Disney and would have been awesome if I
was 10. We did actually enjoy some of it. You could walk through a part of the
castle and follow the story of one countess’ affairs! We were surprised to see
this in a kid’s theme park, especially the room with curtains around the bed shut,
clothes on the floor, and curious noises playing! We also did the dungeon at
CSue’s request which I found rather hilarious but Allison hates haunted houses and
kept offering to take the crying children out so she could leave.
After the castle we drove to Stratford-Upon-Avon, the
birthplace and home of William Shakespeare. We decided to only go to one thing
since we wanted to try and make it to the next hotel at a reasonable time and
went to Anne Hathaway’s cottage, Shakespeare’s wife’s childhood home. It was
very beautiful and we really enjoyed walking around the gardens as well as
learning about life in those days. We saw the spot where Anne and Will courted,
learned about cooking in the kitchen, and that they slept on beds made of rope
that they would tighten every night.
From there we drove to the hotel in Croyden, just south of
London. We needed to go to Tesco (supermarket) for a few things and I love a
good roundabout as much as the next guy but not in Croyden outside the tesco!
We drove around that thing so many damn times trying to figure out how to get
in! And turning around in England is far from my favorite activity because they
park wherever the hell the want, the streets are tiny, and most streets you
can’t even turn on. Probably 30 minutes after going around that damn roundabout
we figured it out only to get lost heading back to our hotel! We went to bed
super excited for the next day and the derby!!!!!




Hello! Just catching up on your posts! That castle looks awesome! What do you mean like Disney? Were there rides? Anyways the weather in your pictures looks so nice - it's not too cold, right? That's pretty funny about Allison - I hate being scared!
ReplyDeleteNo rides just a lot of people dressed and kids could do archery or fence, things like that. The weather has been amazing! I don't know what people are talking about, it's great here! Dana, you would have HATED that dungeon thing!
Delete