Allison and I are both OBSESSED with Downton Abbey. If you don't know what Downton Abbey is or you don't watch it you should remedy that immediately. The show is set at Highclere Castle AKA Downton Abbey and is home to the Earl and Countess of Grantham. Well we had to go see it! We spent a small fortune because it's the off season and we couldn't buy the general tickets. However we did get to spend more time and have less people crowding all around so that's nice. We took the train because it's outside London and then a cab the rest of the way. The castle actually belongs to the Earl and Countess of Canarvan and the countess greeted us and gave us a little background. After we had a tour of the castle and saw all the main parts where the show is filmed. It was pretty cool to be in the same place Maggie Smith has been! We couldn't take photos inside but I did sneak one of the staircase which you will recognize if you watch the show. One of the previous Earls went to Egypt for health reasons and worked on excavation of Egyptian tombs. They have an exhibition of his findings in the basement so we walked through all of that as well and then had tea! We both felt that they could have done a bit more considering how much we spent to go but we were still very happy we went!
| I made Allison do jumping pictures, she wasn't happy about it! |
After Downton we went back to England and did just a bit of shopping. Allison bought some great shoes and I bought a pretty great dress! I also returned a few things so that makes up for what I bought! After we metup with Kyra (my old roommate from college) and her boyfriend Matt! We went to a local pub and it was wonderful catching up with an old friend!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment