I had one day in Dublin and I filled it up with walking tours! I started with the Trinity College tour that's led by a student. It was short but I really enjoyed. Heard some of the history of the school and about the current students and faculty and such. Trinity is definitely the pride and joy of Dublin! On the tour you also get a ticket to the Book of Kells, more on that later, but I didn't have time to check it about before the other tour! So I booked it to the meeting point for the Dublin walking tour, a free one! The tour guide did a great job, had lots of interesting stories, talked about the history, the culture, everything really. The only problem, it was 4 hours long! That's a bit much for walking around a city all day especially when you drank like the Irish the night before and hadn't eaten enough for all that walking! After the tour I immediately found a kebab place for some much needed and delicious shwarma! My favorite middle eastern food if you didn't know. I then went back to my room for a bit of nap before meeting up with my host's Godson who lives just outside Dublin. I had a few drinks with him and then met up with some people I met the night before. It was a bit more tame of a night but definitely a great one! If you enjoy night life, good beer, and fun people Dublin is your city!
 |
| Trinity Bell Tower |
We weren't supposed to go inside any buildings but it was pouring rain so we went in one to escape the weather. It looked like Hogwarts! Not that I really know, I haven't read the books or seen any of the movies but it's what I think Hogwarts would look like. Also, speaking of the weather... that Irish weather it's nuts! I rains for 3 minutes and then it's sunny for 3 minutes and then it rains again! It's just the worst! It's a lot of opening and closing the umbrella over and over again!
 |
| Christ Church Cathedral |
No comments:
Post a Comment