Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 15th - Belfast

I went back to the UK today!!!! I took the train to Belfast (Northern Ireland) to see the Titanic Museum which was built just a year or two ago. Just a few weeks ago I read a book that was partially set on the Titanic (The Dressmaker, I highly suggest it) so that made the museum a little more appealing to me. The museum covers everything from the building to the aftermath of the sinking but is primarily focused on the building since it was built in Belfast. It was a very interactive museum including a ride! It was a little silly but it drove you around to show you what it would have looked like while they were building the great ship. The process and work that went into it was fascinating to learn about. They also had replicas of the inside of the ship which I really enjoyed...


First Class cabin

Second Class

Third Class
 The book I recently read focused mainly on the aftermath of the sinking. I don't want to give anything away because you should read it but they had a picture of the main character and had a few signs up about it all!

Lady Duff Gordon, First Class Passenger

The Senator who was in charge of collecting
all the findings in the aftermath, also in the book

To the right is Bruce Ismay arriving to make
his testimony, he's the executive in the movie
that gets on a life boat ahead of others
Strangely enough also in the titanic museum there was a Game of Thrones Exhibition. I am not hugely into Game of Thrones, I watched the first season in Afghanistan and I haven't seen it since then but I figured I should check it out and take pictures for all of you crazy Game of Thrones lovers! I did enjoy learning about the costumes and why they picked what they picked!




Bran and Rickon Stark






Tyrion Lannister

Cersei Lannister

Ned Stark's head, did he die?!?! I haven't seen that far




The Dragon Lady

The Dragon lady's dragon


You could sit in the chair and take your picture. The line
was ridiculous so I didn't wait.
Outside of the museum
I sat in the cafe and had some tea before heading out to catch my train back to Drogheda. Unfortunately the weather was shite, very rainy and cold and it was beautiful in Drogheda! I missed the good weather. Ah well, it was still a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment