I have failed you and this blog and I'm super sorry! I last left you in Paris and since then Allison and I spend several glorious days in England AKA our favorite country. After that I went to Peru to celebrate at my cousin's wedding and to travel a bit with my parentals, followed by a month back in the states. While in the states I planned to update this blog with England happenings especially but it kept not happening. Well anyway we went to Bath, Wales, and of course London! The highlights were eating at Will and Kate's fav pub in Wales, football match (world cup qualifier nonetheless) in London, lots of shopping, eating, pubs, and a whole bunch of debauchery. Sadly this blog will never know all the details of all that went down in ye ol' England because I've moved on to another continent and it's time for change! But first…. while I was home I got asked tons of questions so as a sum up to Europe I will write some of those down:
Q: Which country was your favorite?
A: That's a really tough one but the one I'm most excited to go back to is Greece. Close second is obviously England. I also really liked Ireland and Croatia.
Q: Which country was your least favorite?
A: Italy followed by France which really isn't fair because I only went to Paris for a total of two days.
Q: Which food was your favorite?
A: Greece definitely, I love how healthy the food is and it's all super delicious however the big downfall is Greek food is Greek food and it's the same everywhere you go. Luckily I like it a lot so I never got bored of it but I can see how you would. Close second (you may see a trend), British food! Now I've heard all over the place how bad British food is but let me tell you IT IS FABULOUS. There is a pub on every corner, each pub is different with different menus that are all great! Really I've never met a pub I didn't like. Also they have amazing Indian food and really anything you could ever want. Only big problem, restaurants close at like 9pm so when you get out of west end show and you're really hungry you may be shit out of luck.
Q: Which people are the nicest?
A: I've said it before and I'll said it again, if you want a new best friend go to Ireland, if you want a new family go to Greece, if you don't like people go to Paris.
Q: Best beer?
A: Hands down Belgium followed by Ireland.
Q: Favorite memory?
A: Super tough one but the things that come to mind at the moment, the waterfall hike in Samos with Alyssa, Derby with Allison, Oktoberfest in Munich, watching the sunset in Croatia, hiking Cinque Terre, and going to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam.
Q: Least favorite?
A: Easy…. shingles on my face!
Ok that's all I can think of at the moment but if you think of any others just post a comment and I'll answer them!
So now I am down under in beautiful and very hot Australia! Specifically Cairns Australia pronounced Cans i.e. "I have two cans of tomato soup". I spent over 30 hours getting here which was a bit miserable but I'm here now and all is well with the world. I have a SIM card for my phone, groceries for dinner and breakfast, and tomorrow I'm starting my scuba diving certification course. Unlike Europe where very little was planned in advance most of my time in Australia is already planned and most is even booked! Feels weird, I don't even know what to do with myself not having to spend hours looking for hostels and such. One thing I'm very excited about in Australia is that I will be staying in the different locations longer and I definitely prefer that type of travel. On my way here I wasn't so sure, I had gotten used to being back in the states, having a car, a data plan on my cell phone, knowing how to get places, etc but now that I'm at it again I'm reminded of why I love to travel so much. I love being motivated to get up and explore everyday. I love the prospect of adventure and meeting new people. I love the problem solving that comes a long with it and the great feeling when you solve those problems. On a side note I'm sitting next to a pool and a guy just walked in with a Bears towel. Small world, another love of traveling. The world is such a huge place, there's so many cultures to get to know, places to explore, and food to eat! Maybe this time I won't go home!
No comments:
Post a Comment