Sorry you haven't heard from me for a few days. I've been on another boat diving loads more but before I tell you about that I'll back up in time. Between dive trips I had a few days to hang out in Cairns with Chris (he met me the day after my course ended) and here's what we did!
 |
| My group during training and our instructor |
 |
| They really do exist! |
After one day recovering from an eventful night out and 5
days of diving Chris and I rented a car and explored the rainforest around
Cairns. We enjoyed seeing the rainforest and the good news is I spent two days
driving on the left side of the road (obvi one of my favorite activities) but
the bad, it was a little bit of a bust. Unfortunately I asked other people for
recommendations and where to go and what to do and we didn’t love their
suggestions. The first day exploring we went south. The first stop was the
Barron Falls, then we spent time in a small village, had lunch, went to a
small zoo thing where we fed kangaroo and wallabies and held a koala. And lastly we had afternoon tea (Chris is on
board with pretending we’re British) and walked 5km (3.2 miles) around
the
lake.
 |
| Feeding a Kangaroo! |
 |
| Walking through the rainforest |
 |
| Barron Falls |
 |
| Mossman Gorge |
Day two we drove up north along the coast to Cape
Tribulation. The first stop on the way was Mossman Gorge, I went swimming there and we walked around the rainforest. Further north we had to go across the Daintree River on a ferry (it took about
10 minutes to get across) and stopped at very beautiful look outs and beaches
along the way. It was all gorgeous but they were all about the same so we
basically spent the day in the car WHICH wasn’t all bad for me because I
thoroughly enjoyed driving on all the super small and winding roads. Watch out brothers of mine, I think I’m going to be better at go-carting now!
 |
There are a lot of Asians traveling in Australia and these signs are in a lot of public bathrooms. |
 |
| He's a sleepy one! |
 |
| HUGE fig tree |
 |
| Riding the ferry across Daintree River |
 |
| Australian Turkey |
No comments:
Post a Comment