**I posted more than once today so scroll down if you want to make sure not to miss anything**
1. A person at every security lane
At every security line in every European airport I've been to there is always someone standing at the point where you have to put your stuff on the belt, take out your computer, etc etc. They stand there and actually help you, so you pull out your computer, hand it to the person, they put it in a bin and they tell you if you need to take anything off or put anything else in bins and physically help you through the process. Now, you may think this is rather simple procedure and it is for you and me but there are A LOT of idiots who are either just idiots or have never actually flown before and really do need the help. I'm convinced this little step speeds up the process and helps the idiots who can't seem to figure out that their liquids need to be in a ziplock bag.
2. The tray system
The tray system is genius! When you're done with your tray you stand it upright on a bunch of wheels that push the tray back to the front when another tray is placed behind it. Less trays are needed, a person isn't needed to cart the trays back and forth, it's just magical, trust me.
3. You don't have to take off your shoes
Now maybe there is a very good reason you have to take off your shoes in US airports but I'm not convinced and a of all)it takes less time when everyone isn't taking off their shoes and b of all) I usually wear my flippy floppys in the airport and I love not having to walk on the nasty ground in my bear feet.
4. Organization of the Airport
Two major things here... first there are a bunch of different security sections and you go to the one outside your terminal which splits up the congestion at security and second all the good stuff (restaurants, shops, etc) are on the outside of security. So you get your lunch and buy your swatch watch on the outside so everyone waits until they actually need to go to their gate which keeps the security lines shorter.
5. Really good shopping
There's actually pretty good shopping at most European airports I've been to and although I rarely partake in purchasing things I really enjoying browsing while waiting for my flight.
6. Duty Free at every airport
Cause who doesn't need a 5lb block of chocolate? And they usually carry my favorite makeup.
7. Information booths
I'll be honest, there may be information booths in US airports and I've just never needed to use them or looked for them but I use them A LOT in European airports.
I am currently in the Vienna airport on my way to Brussels!
No comments:
Post a Comment