Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

Salzburg Austria - the home of Mozart

Salzburg is an adorable town and not super huge so easy to explore in a short period of time. Rolfe and I got there in time for dinner and took the bus to the old city and found a restaurant that may have had the best ravioli I've ever had. Super light spinach and ricotta raviolis topped with delicious cheese and the perfect amount of a very light butter sage sauce. In the guidebook I read that Mirabell Schloss (Palace) is very gorgeous but the only way in is to see a concert. Rolfe and I decided to give it a shot and there was one! Unfortunately we were late but we still got to see a good about of classical music including some Mozart. Today the palace is the seat of the Salzburg Mayor and is very ornate and beautiful inside.






The following day we took a lift up to the top of a mountain and then hiked (walked is probably a better word) over to the palace in the right of the picture below.


Once there we did the audio tour and walked around and saw the city from above.



The building in the center (square with a courtyard)
is Mirabell Schloss
The guy running the B&B we stayed in suggested a place that either has the best coffee in Salzburg or in Austria, I'm not sure but it was good! Could have been hotter but the owner roasts the beans there and the flavor of the coffee was delicious. We had some delicious food there too. It was a wonderful surprise!


After we headed to Vienna, Rolfe's last stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment