After Brussels I went to Bruges and I have to apologize for using this world a lot, but it may be the cutest place I've ever seen. I know it's super touristy and there are way more tourists than actual locals but I loved it. My first night I had another Belgian dish, mussels which of course was served with fries! The mussels themselves were very tasty but the sauce could have been better. There was a lot of celery and I found it a bit overpowering but over all I enjoyed it and the fries were great too!
The following day I explored a bit on my own in the morning before doing a walking tour of the city. After, I walked up the Belfry to see the view and if you've seen the movie In Bruges you'll might recognize it.
As a late lunch I had Flemish Stew (beef stew cooked in beer and served with fries). The beef was very tender and the sauce was rich and flavorful but didn't take away from the meat and delicious with the fries.
That evening I walked around the park which is home to 166 swans. It was raining a bit which I think scared off the other tourists because the city was empty!
| I passed this somewhere outside of Bruges |
Bruges is an oval and has water running around it so I wanted to end riding the bike around the entire edge of Bruges (only 5 miles, it's pretty small) but somehow I got incredibly lost (I know, how do you get lost going in a circle following water but I did) and had to ask for help. Since I got lost I found myself in the more modern parts of Bruges where the real people live so I enjoyed seeing that too.
Here are some more pictures of all the cuteness, can you handle it?!
| The wall of Belgian beer, I don't know if all 1,000 are here but each bottle is displayed with its own glass |

Hi Emy! Wow that is alot of cuteness in your photos! I got your postcard from Croatia - thank you for thinking of me! And thanks for continuing your posts. It's a nice opportunity to see the world from my couch! One day I hope to visit one of these cool places! Take care of yourself. Love ya!
ReplyDelete