Map

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oktoberfest

Allison came back! She was with me 5 months ago or so in England and she joined me again starting with Oktoberfest! I took the train to Munich and had enough time before Allison got there to go on the free walking tour and buy myself a dirndl. I really enjoyed the walking tour but unfortunately forgot to bring any sort of camera with me. Also, three guys I met in Brussels were on my tour with me! Not the first crazy coincidence of the weekend. After the tour I went to meet Allison at the airport, she made it safe and sound and off we went to buy her a dirndl and locate the hotel. That night for dinner we went to the Hofbrauhaus, had some pretzels, food, beer, and called it a night to rest up for the next day.


There are a few things with Oktoberfest. 
1. You have to wear the traditional clothing or you're a weirdo
2. You have to get there pretty early to get in a tent

Allison and I were very good and got into a tent at about 10:20am. The tents open at 10am and the free seating (you can buy tickets but we didn't do that) was already full. It worked out for us because there were only two of us and we're female so we just squeezed in with a bunch of guys from New Zealand. We had a ton of fun with them and ended up spending the rest of the day with them.

First beer of the day....

Inside the tent...



Our friends for the day
Our waitress who was very nice, very patient,
and very strong!
A thing to do at Oktoberfest is to chug a full liter of beer
while standing on the benches. If you finish everyone cheers,
if you don't everyone boos. They both finished.

The second coincidence of the weekend.... I met Mark in Valencia Spain my first week into this trip! We met up again (when my cousin Amy was with me, that was a long time ago!) in Barcelona and he was two tables over from me! The crazy thing is, Oktoberfest is HUGE! There are a lot of tents to chose from and we happened to be at the same one! Small world indeed.



Allison and I on day one

The second day at Oktoberfest Chris (he's been on this blog before, think Croatia) and some of his friends joined us for the festivities. We didn't get out as early this time and didn't make it into a tent but we spend the day on the beer carousel and still had a great time! That night Allison and I caught a 10pm train to Paris!

Allison and I on day two, it rained a lot!

Chris and Allison 
Oktoberfest was great fun and I hope to make it back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment